Cycling Weekly: Fitness Features
Freelance contributor to the UK’s oldest and largest cycling magazine and website, Cycling Weekly:
Work to date (click for PDF to read):
- Sleep Yourself Faster: An investigation into the impact of sleep and the production of Human Growth Hormone on cycling performance, and how to improve your sleep. With insight from Sports Sleep Coach Nick Littlehales.
- Decode Your Data: An insight into how to quickly understand power and heart rate data and interpret how they interplay, enabling you to train more effectively and get faster. With insight from Stephen Gallagher, DigDeepCoaching, and Tom Kirk, Custom Cycle Coaching.
- Plan To Perfection: Can you plan to the extent Team Sky did when preparing for Froome’s crushing victory in Stage 19 of the 2018 Giro? How to best plan to smash your goals. With insight from Alex Dowsett, Katusha-Alpecin, and Conor Taylor, Team Sky.
- Get in the Zone : Training Zones, demystified. An overview explainer of power and heart rate zones – the physiology, benefits, and suggested training sessions. With insight from Mike Woods, EF-Education First, and Tom Kirk, Custom Cycle Coaching.
- Ramp Up Your Winter Training: A series of insights, interviews and suggestions on how to boost your form as winter transitions into spring, with insights from Russ Downing (formerly Team Sky), Nigel Mitchell, EF-Education First, Stephen Gallagher, DigDeepCoaching, and many more.
- Ain’t Getting On No Plane!: A look at how you can perform a more time and cost-effective ‘training camp’ from home, gaining all the fitness benefits you would if you’d jetted to Majorca or Tenerife. With insights from Stephen Gallagher, DigDeepCoaching. I also featured in the imagery for the article.
- A Day In the Life: Harry Tanfield: Following Harry Tanfield (Katusha-Alpecin) for a day while he trained near Calpe, Spain, gaining an insight into life of a pro rider on a ‘normal’ day.
- Who Trains Hardest? A case study of three hard-training amateurs, and what we can learn from their approach to training, how to keep a balanced approach to riding, and how to no overtrain.
- Training Secrets of the Pros: Investigative piece digging up some of the unusual training methods used in the pro ranks that some may not know about. With insight from riders from EF-Education First, Lotto-Soudal, Katusha-Alpecin, Professor Jamie Pringle (Physiologist), and many more.
VeloNews.com: Weekend Web Editor
Writing race reports, copy editing journalist submissions, and managing social media for the leading American performance cycling publication VeloNews. Below are a few pieces I particularly enjoyed working on or more notable race reports:
- Valverde’s win 2018 Road World Championships Race Report
- Pinot takes maiden Monument victory at Lombardia 2018 Race Report
- Viviani’s 2018 journey from tears to triumph article
- Van Der Poel crushes the field again at Kokijde race report
- Yates’ commitment to his attacking style after Vuelta victory article
PRO BIKE TOOL: Content and Social Manager
Producing and managing all content for PRO BIKE TOOL, Amazon’s leading bike tool brand, managing newsletters, video and photoshoot production, partnership schemes, and social media feeds.
Unfound.CC: Content Creator
Content creator for burgeoning cycling networking and social app, creative space and business showcase Unfound.CC, interviewing contributors for articles and generating community engagement
- A look at how Champion System use their partnership with WorldTour riders in UAE-Team Emirates to design kit for the average rider.
- A discussion of the intricacies and origins of coaching, with TrainSharp founder Jon Sharples
- A reflection on the forgotten art and craft of wheel building, with Sharp Precision Wheels
Allez-Allez.cc: Features Writer
Freelance contributor to pro cycling website, Allez-Allez.cc:
- The story of Canyon-DHB p/b Bloor Homes’ ride at the 2019 Tour of Britain, as told by the riders
- The unique character of Thibaut Pinot, a man flirting with greatness that he may not wish for
- Tour de France 2019: An analysis of the five key mountain stages
Pongo London: Content Creator
Creating engaging blogs and website copy, and assisting generate marketing and social concepts for premium cycling sock brand, Pongo London. Below is a sample of some of my work: